Thursday 19 July 2012

Ramadhan Mubarak

Alhamdulillah...
Ramadhan (fasting month) is here again..
Alhamdulillah weive and breathe to embrace this special month again..

Some countries probably have started their fasting today but for Singapore, it will officially be tomorrow.. :)

I started fasting at the age of 5..
My elder sisters at 4..
But of course for me at 5, it was a training period..
Being the youngest of 4, i was naturally 'manja'.. ;)
I used to pretend I had stomach upset in the day just to break my fast despite my mom letting me fast for half a day.. ;p
And then I would happilyy gobble down food in front of my sisters who were fasting.
Heh..

Fasting has many benefits some of which I know:

1) Physically: cleanses and detox our body naturally after we work it out with all the eating 11 months every year.. 1 month of fasting helps purify our internal system.. Our body is like a non-stop blender.. It needs that rest too.. It needs the cleansing too..

2) Spiritually: brings us closer to Him.. We are expected to better ourselves as Muslims all the time but the fasting month is one of the more special month for us to take the opportunity to earn our place in Heaven.. Insya Allah..

3) Mentally: It teaches us a lesson on appreciating what we have especially food and drinks as compared to the people in poorer countries..

That's the knowledge I have.. So little I know..
I need to better myself and I hope I will be able to..

So to all my Muslim bloggers,
Happy fasting and May He accept all our deeds and prayers in this year's fasting month..
Ameen... :)

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment