Sunday 8 July 2012

Of great company but disappointing food

Had an advance celebration for mom's birthday and 2nd sis as well yesterday night at Asian Market Cafe..
We went for the dinner so it was from 6plus till 10.30pm..

We stayed till about 9pm..

If you ask me?
AMC is a terrible disappointment.
Food lacked its presentation.
Taste was mainly -_-

Sushi tasted like it was 5 days old.
Ice kachang station was poorly maintained.
Satay was hard and not tender.

Chilli crab was pleasant.
Stingray tasted ok.

top up of the food was slow and lethargic.
labels of the food were not all placed properly so when we went around, we just went "what's this?" at certain dishes cos there were NO labels!

Food was mainly cold all the time despite the seemingly fresh and hot preparation.

Seriously when I did my research on them, there were raving reviews and people were posting about how great AMC.

Before we went for the dinner (my hubby on crutches all the way),
I actually ate VERY little at home to save space for the dinner..
With such high hopes on the food at AMC cos of the raving reviews,
I was extremely disappointed when we finally ate there. 

I am not too sure about the lunch or high-tea.

But whatever it is,
this will be the FIRST and the LAST of my trip to AMC. 

I feel that the chefs work based on the crowd at the restaurant.
It was pretty empty yesterday.
Hence, the plates of dishes were pretty empty too.
What with the super slow and minimal top ups of the food.

And the drinks?
I won't even start on that.

AMC, terrible disappointment.
Poor and slow service of topping up foof.
Lack quality in taste.

Most of the food we ate there,
I can get at hawker centres or other affordable places which are nicer and tastier!!

In short, 
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ASIAN MARKET CAFE DINNER BUFFET.

Stomach cried on the way home..

Thank goodness for the company with my family.
It made up for the terrible food.

I STILL can't decipher WHY I read raving reviews about AMC..
Oh well.. I guess to each his own.

Have a good Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment